The Texarkana Urban Transit District (TUTD) has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. The TUTD has received Federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, the TUTD has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of TUTD to ensure that DBEs are defined in part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts. It is also our policy:
1. To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT – assisted Contracts;
2. To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts;
3. To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
4. To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
5. To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT-assisted contracts;
6. To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.